Custom Pedalboard Order Walkthrough
Use our ordering software to choose pedalboard size, color, case type, and power options. This is a great choice if you don't need consulting or help with cables or setup.
- ▼1. Submit order form.
- Our custom pedalboard order form walks you through the options and calculates an estimate. If you’re ready to start talking to us about your order, submit the form. Submitting the form is not a commitment to place an order or a payment of any kind. It is simply a serious inquiry into ordering a custom pedalboard.
- ◄2. Michael confirms your order.
- Michael will respond in 1–3 business days with answers to product-related questions, an approximate lead time, and a shipping estimate.
- ◄3. Pay.
- Complete your order through our secure payment link to save your place in the production line. (We're happy to divide payments on request.)
- ◄4. Receive your board!
- We’ll send you a shipping notification when your board is on the way. Get ready to jam!
Many additional services are available with our consulting package:
- signal chain consulting with diagrams
- board size and layout consulting with scaled mockups
- assistance selecting power supplies and signal routing units
- setup services, including bracket and riser mounting, riser panels, and custom-length patch cables
- custom patchbay units
- ▼1. Submit order form.
- Our custom pedalboard order form walks you through the options and calculates an estimate. If you’re unsure of any detail, make your best guess in order to calculate a better estimate, and we’ll help you decide during consulting. If you’re ready to start talking to us about your order, submit the form. Submitting the form is not a commitment to place an order or a payment of any kind. It is simply a serious inquiry into ordering a custom pedalboard.
- ◄2. Michael completes your consulting quote.
- Michael will respond in 1–3 business days. He will answer basic questions, provide feedback on the feasibility of your goals, give an approximate lead time, estimate shipping cost, and confirm the consulting fee amount generated by the software.
- ◄3. Pay consulting deposit.
- Once the basic details are confirmed, we will send you a secure payment link for consulting services. This deposit is nonrefundable.
- ◄4. Consult with Michael.
- Michael will work with you on the details of your signal chain, pedal layout, and any other services you’ve selected. This step typically includes quite a bit of back and forth as we hammer out each detail and formulate options to achieve your goals. Consulting service includes unlimited email correspondence.
- ◄5. Pay remainder.
- Once you approve the final design, we will send you a payment link. This payment secures your place in the production line. (We're happy to divide payments on request.) We’ll update the lead time and let you know when to ship your pedals, if applicable.
- ◄6. Receive your board!
- We’ll send you a shipping notification when your board is on the way. If you’ve chosen setup services, your board will arrive ready to plug and play.
Additional Custom Order Policies and Information
- ▼Wait Time
We are currently estimating a 3–5 week lead time to build your order.
Orders including consulting services should expect a 3–5 week build time after the final design has been approved.
Please allow us 2–3 business days to process your order and issue an invoice.
Payments can be made via credit card through our secure web server or through PayPal.
Specifications normally evolve somewhat during the consulting process (if selected). The price difference between the initial and final invoices will be invoiced or refunded after finalizing the details of your order.
Custom orders are built to your exact personal needs and are therefore nonrefundable once the building process has started.
- ◄Cancellations and Refunds
If you wish to cancel this custom order before the building process has started, pedalboard and patchbay payment amounts will be refunded minus the nonrefundable consulting cost.
Helweg Design pedalboards, cases, patchbays, and cables include a three-year warranty covering parts and workmanship for the original purchaser. We use the highest quality materials available and expect our products to last a lifetime with care. Damage and normal wear-and-tear are not covered, and claims are subject to our discretion. If a problem should arise, let us know. We'll see what we can do to help, even outside of warranty.
- ◄Order Accuracy
Michael has been designing, building, and setting up pedalboards professionally since 2010. Helweg Design products are still handcrafted by Michael in Lawrence, KS, and we take great care to ensure that all details of your order are accurate.
Basic custom pedalboards are built exactly to the specifications submitted on the order form.
Clients who include consulting services are issued an itemized invoice with detailed pedalboard and patchbay mockups. These orders are built to the exact specifications invoiced. We do not take responsibility for discrepancies between the final client-approved invoice and anything otherwise discussed or implied in other communications. Clients are responsible for reviewing the invoice and mockups and correcting any errors or omissions before the building process has started.
We fully cover the cost to correct any discrepancies between the invoice and the final product, including return shipping.
If you send in pedals, power supplies, or other gear for setup, insured shipping will be tallied and invoiced after finalizing the details of your order. Ship all equipment to Helweg Design with insurance and a tracking number. We are not responsible for items shipped to us that do not arrive or that arrive damaged.
Please avoid shipping your gear in packaging you would like returned; shipping costs will be applied accordingly to return any packaging.
We gladly combine shipping when adding parts or accessories through the web store.
- ◄International Orders
Customs forms are completed accurately and honestly for your protection and ours. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Because of shipping insurance restrictions, we only offer full setup services when shipping to US addresses. But it is often possible to insure partial setup services, such as power supplies and patchbays, or new effect units you are sourcing from the US.
Ready to get started?
Find package details and order forms at our Custom Shop.