Openwing Series Pedalboards
- U.S. Patent No. D792503 -
Open = Access
- Exposed patch cables are shorter than cables run through slots, reducing tone loss, weight, and cost.
- Components are instantly accessible, expediting troubleshooting, maintenance, and alterations. Turning the loaded board upside down is never required.
- OpenWing pedalboards retain the ability to integrate patch bays and other components normally limited to angled boards. The Wing slots open possibilities to a multitude of replaceable units—never locking in one custom configuration for the life of the pedalboard.
- Power components are isolated in the left corner, not running below effect pedals. This greatly reduces the potential for AC noise to infect signal purity.
- OpenWing pedalboards are over 30% lighter weight than our former wood-framed angled pedalboards.
- The back brace and side wings form a self-squaring structure that promotes a straight, rigid board deck.
- Decks are constructed with premium 1/2" 9-ply Baltic birch.
- The textured ABS deck surface will greatly outlast a Velcro top, yet stick-on strips adhere nicely when Velcro-mounting is desired.
- Industrial woven vinyl or faux leather upholstery is applied in a single seamless sheet. Edges are fully protected beneath the metal Wings.
- Reinforced thermoplastic rubber feet. Manufactured in San Diego, CA USA.
- Logo plates are made locally and inset to avoid damage.
- 1/8" aluminum Wings are manufactured and coated in the Kansas City area.
Helweg Signature Pedalboard Case
- U.S. Patent No. D802923 -
Our original 2010 case blended innovative functionality with classic amplifier style and materials. Our redesigned Helweg Signature Case retains this functionality while upgrading to modern materials and time-tested luggage construction. The results—a slimmer, lighter weight, and higher quality case that brings modern durability to a timeless aesthetic.
Fine-tuned for the local troubadour who's engagements include downtown-venue and bar gigging and/or serving on the church worship team, the Helweg Signature Case is available for small to medium pedalboards, which can be carried like a large briefcase.
- Durable thermoformed ABS shell structure with strategic wood bracing
- 30% lighter weight than an all-plywood alternative
- Industrial woven vinyl or faux leather covering
- In-house wood crafting, upholstery, and assembly
Premium Full-Grain Leather
Our handle consists of a heavy buck strap wrapped around a chunky, padded underside for unrivaled comfort. Dual-riveted ends and industrial stitching round out the robust design. Made by Anthology Gear Wear.
Matching leather corners are tooled in an original, eye-catching shape and custom molded in-house.
Stainless steel latches
Extra-large case feet with T-nut mounting made in San Diego, CA USA
Logo plates made in Detroit, MI USA
Pedal Riser & Screw-Mounting System
- U.S. Patent Pending -
Developed over years of setting up rigs for touring musicians, our screw-mounting system is built to last, keeping your pedals solid and secure through heavy touring.
Hardware packs are available for many enclosure types.
Slots accommodate a variety of enclosure screw locations.
14 gauge steel construction is twice the thickness of a bicycle chain link.
- Black finish and hardware blends with most board decks.
- All bracket packages include black #6 truss-head wood screws.
- Manufactured in the Kansas City metro area
- 5-Year Warranty
Open end slot allows quick pedal removal without completely removing both screws.